Thanks to Pinterest, an online pin board community, I have found hundreds of great healthy recipes. Today I made an adapted version for no sugar oat drops, courtesy of Blueberry Girl.
The recipe turned out delicious, but I did make a few minor changes, find the original recipe here.
1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped (I used almonds and hazelnuts)
1 cup dried fruit (I used 1/2 chopped dried figs, and 1/2 raisins)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup flaxseed oil (so good for you!)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 175 C
1. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almond meal, mixed nuts and coconut flakes.
2. Stir in allspice and cinnamon.
3. Add dried fruit and stir until well and evenly mixed.
4. Make sure the dried fruit do not stick together in big batches.
5. In another bowl, combine flaxseed oil, mashed banana, agave and vanilla extract.
6. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
In a large square or rectangular baking dish, spread the mixture evenly in the dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes (if using two smaller pans reduce the time). Turn the mix out of the pan, cut into bars and bake on a cookie sheet for an additional 15 to 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown (the time depends on the size of the bars, bigger bars take longer).
Enjoy a delicious breakfast on the go or healthy snack!